Score Media and Gaming Inc. empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, and Indiana. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
In October 2021, Penn National Gaming, Inc. acquired theScore in a deal that brings together two industry leaders to create North America’s leading digital sports media, gaming, and technology company. Penn National Gaming is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (NASDAQ: PENN).
As part of the theScore team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers determined to deliver some of the best apps the market has to offer. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at theScore!
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL & RESTful APIs.
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- Experience with modern web framework and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node).
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar.
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with background job processing (Exq, Sidekiq, Celery, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience working with profiling tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs.
What We Offer:
- Ship features that impact millions of users.
- Work on large distributed systems spanning public cloud and on-prem locations.
- Learn how to manage workloads, at scale, running on Kubernetes
- Contribute to a federated GraphQL API used by millions of clients.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.